Thursday, October 6, 2011

Using Scraps to Make a Card

I really have a thing about throwing out perfectly good paper scraps. In fact, I am overloaded with scraps! I have a drawer dedicated with hanging files for colored scraps, so that when I am looking for a certain color, I go here first, rather than start a new piece. But I am still overloaded with smaller pieces--that is a whole other drawer--or just the top of my desk. It gets confusing...

These red pieces have been lurking around for quite some time, so I decided to finally put them to use. We are going to a birthday party for a sixteen-year-old young man this week-end, so here is what I came up with.
I knew I didn't have to get too carried away.


I used my trusty Zyron to adhere the pieces. It is one of my favorite tools. 
Stamps: Hero Arts Clings; (inside) Hope Your Birthday Rocks--The Stamp Doctor
Accessories: Baker's Twine, Zyron

You can see what kind of a day it is in northeast Arizona. I have been waiting for it to stop raining so I can go run my errands, but it does not look like that is going to happen. Guess I will have to face the rain. The trees are liking it, anyway! 

"What are some ways that you use your scraps, or do you just toss them?"

2 comments:

  1. Perfect card for a teenage boy!!

    RAIN? Shoot, we got spit here! LOL I would love rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just perfect for a young man! LOVE it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...