Saturday, October 15, 2011

Button Love

Do any of you love buttons like I do? I haven't always appreciated them as much as I do now, but I can say that for a lot of things!

Besides being very functional, buttons are also used in countless ways in the worlds of arts and crafts. Recently I found this fun set of 4 vintage button tags on http://www.doecdoe.blogspot.com/. It is a pdf. file that is easily printed off. Here is what I did with one of them.


I pulled a real button out of my stash and attached it with a glue dot up in the top right.
Perfect match wouldn't you say?

Don't you just love that pink jar?
I got it in a thrift store in Santa Barbara this past spring.
I was cleaning out a container full of all those little envelopes of extra buttons 
that you accumulate 
 from garments when you purchase them.
These were from clothes that I did not have anymore. 
It occurred to me that this jar would be just perfect for them!

    Martha Stewart had a clever idea this past week

Use a business card case--available at an office supply store--
to keep extra buttons, yarn, thread, and fabric care instructions 
for your garments. 

Do you have a system that works for you?
If so, we'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...