Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reverse "Mask"ing

I used a classic Spellbinders rectangle to "achieve a reverse mask on my card."

 
I placed it in the middle of a piece of copy paper, 
the same size as the piece of card stock I was going to stamp on.


Here is what it looked like once it was cut out.
.


I placed it over the piece of card stock
and taped down both pieces so they did not move around.
It is best NOT to use textured card stock so that you get a crisp, clear, stamped image.
Stamp your image, applying a lot of pressure.
I used a Stampin' Up background stamp. 
Remove the mask and embellish.


I attached the 4 x 5-1/4" piece to a card base measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2", 
using dimensional foam tape. I like the white on white look, don't you?

"Reverse masking" is a fun technique that can create a clean and simple card.
Things to remember when "making a reverse masking card"--
  • Use copy paper for your mask as you want it to lay flat when putting it over the card stock.
  • Use smooth card stock for your stamping so you get a crisp, clear, stamped image
  • Use a juicy ink pad.

Here is an image from Real Simple that I thought was appropriate since we are talking about "masks," and you know I always like to talk about friends.

Image by Tara Donne
"The most I can do
for my friend is
simply be his
friend."
--Henry David Thoreau

    3 comments:

    1. Love your little tutorial -great card with all the bflies!! I love this look!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Beautiful card...I would cherish a card like that if it was sent to me. http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    3. Gorgeous card! Love the idea.

      Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...