Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Butterfly Birthday Moments

I created the background on this card by using Fluid Chalk inks on matte whitte cardstock. Starting with the darkest color, I sponged ink randomly, then moved on to the next color, ending in the lightest color. Then I heat set it before proceding. That piece measured 3-1/2 by 5-1/2, but I did extra for the smaller background pieces. I stamped the butterfly in Maroon and mounted it on Bazill Velvet, measuring 4 x 6. The other inks are Tangerine, Warm Red, and Warm Violet. It's ok to leave a little white showing.

The butterfly piece measures 3-1/2 x 1-1/2 and is clear embossed. The Bazill Velvet is 4 x 2 and is raised with pop dots. Butterfly by Cozy Cats Stamps.

The sentiment is by Hero Arts and is also clear embossed. The piece measures 2-1/2 by 1-1/4 and the purple piece is 3 x 1-3/4, also popped up.

The card base is Bazill Watermelon and the card measures 5 x 7.  

These are some of my favorite colors. What are yours?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...