Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sunflower-Inspired Shadow Box Card

Is it not true that much of what is created is inspired by something else that already has been created by someone else?

Such is the case with this shadow box card that I recently made. You see, I saw this pillow on Pinterest and thought that the sunflower was just lovely.




Brandi, in turn, had been inspired by this
which wasn't a sunflower at all, but a
dahlia felt brooch--lovely too.

I remembered that I had purchased the Spellbinders Sunflower last year
because I had fallen in love with a card that I just HAD to make!

Umm--never made it, or any other for that matter.
So it seemed like a good time to break open the box.

I started with 2 pieces of cardstock--5 x 5, but you can make them any size you want.
They do not have to be square. A standard size card will work.
If you want to write a message on the back use a solid color.

On the front piece, I used the Blossom die for the opening.
On both pieces, I scored the sides at 1/2" and 1,"'
theb adhered the pieces with sticky strip.
Fold at score lines to form a box.
I applied a paper rick-rack border
on each edge.

The sunflower was cut and colored with markers.
A Fancy Tag and SU sentiment
complete a simple card to put in the mail
to a sunflower lover.


What purchase have you made that you just had to have and
still have not used?

Come on, you know you'll feel better talking about it!
We're all friends and have all done it!



 

1 comment:

  1. hi Donna! thank-you for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed my pillow. your card turned out great! i love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...