Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Medallions Interpreted

I just got an email from my son in New Jersey that all is well after feeling the earthquake tremor for about 10 seconds in his office building. It's always good to know that your children realize they need to check in with their parents when something like that happens. No news reports are out yet but let's hope that the damages are minimal.

This card is made with the medallion stamp by Stampin' Up. It is stamped with Barn Door Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.

I stamped it a second time and used only the center. I layered it
with the same designer paper as what I used to layer the larger medallion, 
then popped it up with pop dots. 
Some added bling seemed appropriate!

I couldn't help but be reminded of the ceiling medallions
that are used in home decorating so I looked
around on Pinterest and found these two interesting
DIY projects. Aren't people creative?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my site. I like how you jazzed up the card with dots. I can see it framed with other along the wall. Because of email I get lots of ecards, but I'm thinking some of the cards I do get I can probably do someting like this and frame. It's amazing how much money we can save doing little things like this. Glad your son is doing ok in NJ. I'm now bracing myself for Hurricane Irene.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...