Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Favorful Recipe, Some Good Books, and a Freebie

I discovered that this post was sitting as a draft and had never been published for some reason so here it is today...  

I hope that you will find these non-card related blog posts interesting and will want to keep coming back to see what's new. Perhaps I should re-name my blog something like "As the Card Rack Turns and Other Domestic Spin Offs." It has been an evolution as I find that my interests have broaden and want to share what I think is good stuff with you.

I found this recipe on the Bon Appetit website, brought it to book club, and it is a keeper. Super easy too.


Smoked Salmon with Black Pepper Potato Chips and Lemon Creme Fraiche

1/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream (I used sour cream)
1-1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon peel (or more--I used more)
16 large black pepper or salt-and-pepper potato chips
1 four ounce package thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into 16 pieces
Chopped fresh chives

Stir creme fraiche or sour cream and lemon peel in small bowl. Arrange potato chips on plate. Divide salmon among chips. Spoon rounded 1/2 tsp. lemon mixture atop salmon on each chip and sprinkle with chives.

Books
 Here is a list of 21 Great Summer Reads 
by Real Simple.

A friend just recommended Still Alice, by Lisa Genova.
My recommendations are Veil of Roses and the sequel,
Dreaming in English, by Laura Fitzgerald.

Freebie Friday
 6 sheets of kitchen labels
and picture instructions so you know
just how to turn ordinary tins into something special




"Friends are the most important
ingredient in this recipe of life."
--Anonymous

I linked this recipe to Tip Junkie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, this recipe looks good, but do you prepare right before guest arrive? I'm just wondering if the chips get stale or soggy if standing for a while. Thanks for sharing.
    http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prepared them just before I took them over. These chips are very crispy so they did not get soggy. The piece of salmon went down first, then the sour cream, so there was no problem. They were so good they were gobbled right up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Donna, I booked marked this page for when I next entertain. I soo love finger foods and this sounds like a winner & a quickie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...