Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bonjour

It's another easy-to-put together card I have for you today. I guess you could say that is definitely my niche. I just don't have much patience to spend a long time on one card, I have decided. There's too much going on to do that! It's just not practical!

  The inks I used on the clear stamp were Tim Holtz Distress Ink Barn Door,
 Adirondack Lettuce, and Stampin' Up Pacific Point. I paired them up with 
the Designer Series Paper pack put out last year by Stampin' Up.
I used a 1-3/4" punch on the colored squares and a Spellbinders 
classic square dye 
for the white squares after I stamped the flower.

I should have positioned
the left one differently so it didn't look so much like the middle one.  

Bonjour stamp--Rubber Romance
Punches--1-1/4" & 1-3/8"

Tip
Here's an idea for organizing your ribbon. 
The idea was sent to me by a friend who's daughter emailed her the picture. 
Both ladies are very talented. Thanks Pam and Jennifer for passing it on!


Books
I was in the library the other day and wandered around the shelves with nothing really in mind. 
We are reading The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain for our next book club discussion, and I was waiting for that to come back in. (Just got the notice today that it is in.) 

Today I found on the Real Simple website a wonderful list of book recommendations for great summer reads that I will share with you tomorrow.

I also have a yummy appetizer that I brought to the book club last Monday that I will tell you about. 

Have a great day!

"Wherever you are,
it is your friends
who make your world."
--William James  

1 comment:

  1. Your ribbon basket is a wonderful idea! I've tried and tried to keep my spools of ribbon from un-doing, but nothing I've tried so far works, and I just have ribbons running all over. THIS will take care of that! Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...