I'm having a few friends in from out-of-town, and along with some local friends, we'll be playing mah jongg for three days in a row. The clicking of tiles will begin at 10, then we break for lunch around 1. We resume play until our brains are fried, which is usually around 4:30! It's my Third Annual Mah Jongg Marathon!
I'm sure I'll have some good stories to tell you if you like mah jongg so stay tuned. It starts on Thursday.
I do have a good recipe so share with you today. I usually am delegated as the dessert maker when it comes to my contribution for a get-together. Last Saturday night I made an easy Peach Cobbler.
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
4 tsps. baking powder
1-1/2 cups milk
10 peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour melted butter into a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and milk.
- Pour over melted butter.
- Cover with peach slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and additional sugar.
- Bake until batter rises to top and forms a nice brown crust, about 30-40 min.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
"So long as we are loved by
others, I should say that we are
almost indispensable, and no man
is useless while he has a friend."
--Robert Louis Stevenson