Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Week of No Cards, But a Lot of Tiles

This is going to be a different sort of week for me. So if you are interested only in card making, please just be patient with me. I promise I'll get back to it and produce some really great things!

I'm having a few friends in from out-of-town, and along with some local friends, we'll be playing mah jongg for three days in a row.  The clicking of tiles will begin at 10,  then we break for lunch around 1. We resume play until our brains are fried, which is usually around 4:30! It's my Third Annual Mah Jongg Marathon!

I'm sure I'll have some good stories to tell you if you like mah jongg so stay tuned. It starts on Thursday.

I do have a good recipe so share with you today. I usually am delegated as the dessert maker when it comes to my contribution for a get-together. Last Saturday night I made an easy Peach Cobbler.

 
      1/2 cup melted butter
      2 cups flour
      1-1/2 cups sugar
      4 tsps. baking powder
      1-1/2 cups milk
      10 peaches, sliced

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Pour melted butter into a 13 x 9 inch pan.
  3. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and milk.
  4. Pour over melted butter.
  5. Cover with peach slices.
  6. Sprinkle with cinnamon and additional sugar.
  7. Bake until batter rises to top and forms a nice brown crust, about 30-40 min.
  8. Serve with vanilla ice cream. 
Can't get much easier than that! Recipe can be halved and put in an 8 x 8 inch pan.


"So long as we are loved by
others, I should say that we are
almost indispensable, and no man
is useless while he has a friend." 
--Robert Louis Stevenson

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm a Mah Jongg Fan...can't wait to hear details about the Marathon! 4 friends and I are leaving on Sunday for a week at a lake house in the finger Lakes of central NY state....a whole week of Mah Jongg and relaxing!

    Have Fun!
    Susan
    mahjonggdrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...