Monday, July 25, 2011

It's a New Week

A Mah Jongg Report 

I spent yesterday putting my house back together after the three day Mah Jongg Marathon, and resting up.   Everyone had a great time, including me.

Sue S. won the daily prize on Day 1 and 3, and also the dragonfly purse for the most concealed hands. Karen K., my sorority sister who flew in from Santa Barbara,  won the daily prize on Day 2. Deborah won the cash pot for the grand finale. I forgot to tell you that that person did not have to be present to win since some ladies were not here on Saturday.

The chip system ran very smoothly and everyone seemed to enjoyed it. Only two ladies ran out of chips ($3.00) on Saturday and that was at the very end of the day.

Everyone was very thoughtful and contributed a great portion of the lunch items and munchies. We ate well! 

My only regret is that I did not take a picture to put on my blog today. My camera was out, but you know how it is when you are hostess....next year.

If you are a mah jongg player, I would encourage you to organize some such gathering. Keep it simple--solicit help, and most of all, have fun yourself!

Back to Card Making
Now it's time to get back to some paper crafting. My supplies are feeling very neglected and I need my mojo to kick in. Time to get on Splitcoaststampers when that happens. What a wonderful place to get inspired. 

Have a wonderful day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...