Monday, June 13, 2011

Using Rub-Ons

Good Monday Morning--I hope that your week is starting off well.

I have never been one to use rub-ons very much, but I am seeing them used quite often on the cards featured in the newest card magazines.so I thought I'd give them a try. This is a sheet that I had on hand by Heidi Grace.



Once you have the image positioned where you want it, all it takes is a little hard rubbing with the popsicle stick that comes with the package to get it to transfer onto the cardstock. Lift the sheet carefully to check if it has all transferred before you remove it completely. This actually is part of  two rub-ons that meet in the middle under the flower.

The flower was made with the Stampin Up scalloped circle punch and patterned vellum. I punched out 6 circles, crumpled them up, opened and layed them, staggering the scallops, and punched a hole in the middle with a paper piercer. I put a small brad in the hole and fluffed up all the layers.  

Love the flower--only problem I see is that I can't send this through the mail.  : (

I finished it off with a banner-type sentiment and rhinestones.

Since this was a left-fold card, I had to make a small slit in the fold to accomodate the ribbon. 


"One's friends are that part of the human
race with which one can be human."
--George Santayana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...