Monday, June 20, 2011

Playing with Paper

I used to stop by fabric stores and go around touching all the beautiful pieces when I got stressed. I have now moved on to playing with paper instead. I don't even have to leave the comforts of my home.

I have spent the past several days playing with Basic Grey paper--love that stuff.
It is amazing how many cards you can make out of a 6 x 6 pad. I'm having a hard
time getting through these older ones, but I still love the patterns.

 In spite of my busy work, though, I have no finished cards to show you. You see, I have been preparing card fronts for future cards, using Sharon Johnson's go-to layout. She originally posted her tutorial back in 2009 and you can find it HERE. She uses it quite often on her lovely cards adorned with beautiful lace, ribbon, rhinestones, and flowers that she sells on her blog No Time To Stamp. She explains the top-fold version of the layout HERE.

So here's some of my card fronts you will be seeing in the future.
All I'm waiting for is the inspiration needed to finish them!

The only change I made in Sharon's tutorial is that I used white paper
 for the "piping" rather than the back side of the narrower designer piece,
 or an accent color on a few.

I urge you to try this layout technique. It is easy and fun,
 and you can whip out a lot of
card fronts that will be ready to use when you need them.

Have a great day!


"Friendship is the only
cement that will ever hold
the world together."
--Anonymous

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Donna! Wow, you have been a busy lady! These card fronts are soo Pretty! What a great idea to do a bunch in advance.. Love those Basic Grey Papers too! Some of my Favs! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    Hope you have a great week.
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...