Saturday, May 28, 2011

It Helps to Be Flexible!!

So...first let me say that this is not my usual SATurday Show and Tell where in the past I have taken you to some places I have been or shown you crafts that others have made. I was not receiving any comments so I wondered if perhaps that was too boring. I will give it a break anyway and if you enjoyed it please let me know.

Second, my post is way late. It's been a busy day.

Thanks for the input yesterday on the white ink. I was using Stampin' Up's Craft White and after looking at it again I wonder if perhaps the pad needs to be re-inked. I am going to give that I try.

I appreciate each and every comment so very much. To know that I am not just talking to myself means the world. Sue, please know that your kind words of encouragement could not have come at a better time. Thank you all.

This is not what I intended to post! I had a card all ready--took the picture and everything and then I noticed a boo boo! An ink smudge. So do I post it or not? I just couldn't bring myself to do it. After all, this is where you are supposed to see my best work, right?

So...instead I am showing you the Cake in a Jar that I made last week. 


I have used a lot of Mason jars to can, but what fun to be able to 
bake a cake right in them!

Here's the recipe that I found on Babble. 
This is a very cool site!

 Peanut Butter Cups in Cake in a Jar

**12-8 ounce canning jars with lids 
 Canola oil spray
 8 ounces peanut butter
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 recipe Devil's food or chocolate cake mix (Make according to directions)
8-10 ounces dark chocolate (I bought candy bars)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the inside of the canning jars with the canola oil. Mix together powdered sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Roll into 1.5-2" balls. Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of cake batter into the bottom of each jar using a large scoop. Place a peanut butter ball into the center of each jar and add an additional 2-3 tablespoons of batter. Wipe up any batter that hit the outside of the jar or around the rim. 

Bake at 350 degrees on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Remove from oven. Immediately place 1/2 ounce of chocolate on top of the hot cake. Seal with ring and lid and wait for them to pop. Using a towel, pick up the hot jar and turn to coat the entire top of the cake with chocolate. Store in the fridge for up to a week.

**Please note: I did not want to do 12 of these jars, so I put some of the batter in a rectangular pan and only made a half recipe of the peanut butter balls. You could also make some cupcakes.

The recipe was easy to follow and worked out as the directions indicated. The only thing I will do differently next time is not add as much batter after the peanut butter ball. You had to dig down very deep to find it and the jars were too full.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea; I can see this for many occasions TFS.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...