Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Basic Grey is Anything But Basic

Basic Grey makes beautiful designer paper. You can purchase it in 6x6 inch tablets, 12 x 12 inch packets or single sheets. All the sheets in a set coordinate with each other, and the colors are luscious. The only thing basic about it is that basically, you hate to cover it up with other images because it is so beautiful by itself.

One of my favorite things to do when I just want to doodle is to take some of these sheets and start playing with them. I like to see what I can come up with. Basic Grey's Wisteria was one pack that I could not resist when it came out a few years ago. Once the pack is opened, I keep all the pieces in a Ziploc baggie so they all stay together. I still had some left and decided to make a card set.

I made eight different cards and I am going to show you two today..


Kraft cardstock, top-fold card
Layered on plum, sentiment plum embossed
Misc. ribbon, twine, and charm
Stamp: Rubber Stampede (old)


White cardstock, left-fold card
Coordinating buttons
Plum embossed sentiment
Misc. braid, embroidery thread, glue dots
Stamp: Inkadinkadoo


I'll show you the others next week. I will be gone for the rest of this week so please come back next Tuesday, May 10.
Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms!!

I do have a Freebie Friday for you though in case you don't have time to make
a Mother's Day card--


Designed and shared by Spagat Designs






4 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful. I love your choice of colors and combinations. We share many similarities in likes of same color. Good tip for organizing pieces of good paper so can find them and use to the max. Will miss your blog as it's the first thing I look for each day. Don't know what I'll find but always something of interest and well diversified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Basic Grey too! Can't seem to get enough of it, so glad they now have digital dp too..Takes up less space. lol Love your cards, very simply elegant. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the craft with that paper, very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...