Monday, April 4, 2011

Trees for All Seasons

At the rubber stamp show a few weeks ago, I fell in love with Stamps by Judith from Pine, Island, MN. Her stamps are fun and whimsical, and sometimes that is just what the occasion calls for. Although they do require coloring, Judith made it look pretty easy with Tombow watercolor markers. Yeah, I have those! No special paper or ink required. I like that.

She seems to have hit a home run with her Tree for All Seasons stamp. It is a bare tree that can be decorated for just about any occasion. Her booth was filled with $2.00 sticks and $3.00 stubbies, tiny stamps on dowel rods that are used to decorate the limbs. There was just about every image you could think of, from hamburgers to a fishing hook, snowflakes to a ball of yarn.

Links to the trees and all the accessories can be found HERE and HERE and HERE so you can see exactly what I am talking about.

She has an extensive website  http://www.stampsbyjudith.com/ complete with video clips and a Stamps of the Month page with specials. You can order her catalog for $10 that is jam-packed with ideas.

A friend and I decided to get our feet wet, or should I say our fingers inked, and bought the tree stamp to share and a few sticks and stubbies. It was difficult to decide which ones to buy because they all were so  cute! We both thought we may have a few Hero Arts tiny stamps at home that might work and some $1 punches from Michaels. Anything to save a buck since we already have dropped a few (gasp).

   Here's my first attempt. I think I need some practice. She has tree bases such as a larger spool of thread which adds a lot. Dang, does that mean an internet order? 

Thank You Sew Much!
using real buttons attached with mini glue dots 


You're Eggstra Special!


"Friendship is a
sheltering tree."
--Samuel Taylor Coleridge

2 comments:

  1. These are ADORABLE Donna! From one new blogger to another - welcome to the blogging world! I hope you have as much fun with your blog as I do with mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!!! These are just precious!! Love that little "grass" you added too! I WILL go check this out for sure. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...