Monday, April 25, 2011

SSC Blog Hop

I started this blog back in January not knowing what the heck a blog hop was, and now I'm participating in my first one today. Here's the deal--you sign up, make a card according to the theme, and when the day comes, post it on your blog and then link backto the hosting site along with  all the other participants. The idea is that you will hop around and visit other blogs and leave comments about their cards. You also tell your followers about the link so that they can either enter a card or go look at more pretty cards.

By being a part of this, people will be visiting my blog who have never been here before, may like what they see and want to become a follower, plus-- I'm..having fun. And if you visit the hosting site, which you may not have never heard of otherwise, you might decide to join, because they do fun things all month long and have a lot of great material to share with all of us stampers.

So---Simply Scrapping Crafts Blog Hop theme is Seasons, whatever season you live in. Remember, participants are from all over the world! So don't be alarmed if you come upon an autumn scene. Here's my entry:


Springtime Wishes

I used Tonbow markers directly on the flower, gave it a huff, and stamped it onto the rectangle that I had already cut, having determined this was the size I needed for the card. I stamped it three times without re-inking to get the lighter images, and did that three times. Then I mounted it onto the scalloped piece.
I made the scalloped border and put that behind, placing it onto the card without attaching it so I would know where to stamp the sentiment. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig so I would get it level. Finished touches were the rhinestones and fine glitter in the center of the flowers. You can't see it, put I also paper pierced the scallops on the rectangle. 


Supplies used:
Stamps:  Hero Arts (flower), Artful Illusions (sentiment)
Paper:  White, Old Olive (SU)
Ink:  Tombow markers, Memento black
Accessories:  Spellbinders classic rectangles, Michaels rhinestones, Rubber Cafe fine glitter and glue, Fiskars Combo Border Corner Lace and Lattice punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig 

So if you want to participate and link to your blog, or just look and the other cards, go to this link.
Just click on the name, and it will take you to the blog. Have fun and hop along!

I'd love for you to leave a comment here today. I'll be trying to visit as many blogs as I can myself today. 

Have a great Monday!

21 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Donna and you are an excellent blogger! I love the way you word things! Thank you so much for participating!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your card. Simple and elegant,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your card!! The colours are just perfect together!
    Thanks for joining in the Blog Hop - glad you warned about Atumn, because that's the season I'm showcasing...:)
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, Beautiful Card. I love the repetition stamping technique, it gives your card such a lovely soft quality. Have fun in the SS Hop and I look forward to seeing you around SS.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Stunning colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea about that blog hop and a super great card! So very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are just gorgeous, very dainty and pretty. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card! Love the water color effect of your stamping.
    ~Yvonne
    OneCreativeMomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that card, love it, love it , love it. I love the huff and puff method and haven't used it for years, forgot about it, but you did an awesome job and the coloring on the flowers is wonderful. Great card, thank you for sharing it with us. hugs Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's GORGEOUS! A lovely example of of multi generational stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful elegant card Donna! Perfect for the SS Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donna,
    Oh wow....your stamped imaged blew me away. It's so gorgeous. And your card is simply stunning. TFS. Take care. Hugs -- Tenny
    http://createwithtenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna - what a lovely card! You did a great job for your first blog hop - Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to blogging!
    Looks like you're doing a great job and feeling right at home!

    Your card is beautiful - I truly love CAS designs. Very elegant and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors you chose are so pretty. Tha flower is stunning.
    Cre8tiveGirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors are so Pretty. The Flower is stunning. Cheers Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful Springtime card I really like the punches. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very elegant and so feminine.. such a WOW card :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...