Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Using Embossing Folders

I am still recovering from the work week-end in NM but I do have two cards for you today!

Using Cuttlebug Embossing Folders with Minimal Stamping
Do you have embossing folders that you hardly use--that you might have purchased for a spedific project and now they are collecting dust? I know that I do. In fact, I have a few that are still in the package. They really can be used to make lovely cards in a short amount of time. Another advantage is that with a few other embellishments, you don't have to do much stamping. Or perhaps you don't have to do any at all.


This is the Hello Friend Sizzix Set paired with Martha Stewart flowers which came on a card back when Walmart had more crafts. I miss those days. The sentiment is by Stampin Up. 


This is the pink on pink effect with the Birds and Swirls folder. 
The leaves are created with a very versatile Martha Stewart punch.
I've even seen wreaths  made with it.
I love this birthday sentiment by Endless Creations (E43) because
 it is made at an angle so you don't have to be so careful in your placement! 

  • Both of these embossing folders are background folders but here I have used them as part of the main focus of the cards.
  • I scored a horizontal line at the top of the folder where I ended it a little more than half way up from the bottom of the card. 
  • Since the center of the daisy is raised, it is going to create some bumps in the envelope. To compensate for this, I will either cut a piece of bubble wrap 4-1/4 x 5-1/2  or a piece of cardstock that I ran through my crimper. By laying it on top of the front, it will create just enough cushioning.

I will have to increase my size of the envelope, but it will still be a standard size.  


If you need some inspiration for using your Cuttlebug embossing folders, Sue Nelson is the Queen!
Go to her website Heart Prints and click on her Cuttlebug gallery and also her Cuttlebug tutorial gallery right below it.  So much to see!


"Friendship is the golden thread
that ties the heart of all the world."
--John Evelyn



 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great idea - using my (many) embossing folders as the focal point and the wonderful suggestion to use my crimper to mail bulky cards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...