Thursday, April 21, 2011

Going Glitzy

I've been noticing a lot of cards around blogland with the layered effect using border punches and I've been wanting to give it a try. The most difficult part is deciding on the paper and punches. Going with what I had on hand, I decided on three colors and knew one had to be dark, one light, and the third complimenting both. The patterns had to vary--not all stripes or all flowers. The red could have had pin dots, but do they make cream pin dots? All the ones I've seen are white and I don't think I would have liked that.  



Pretty glitzy for me, but it sure was fun!

WISHING YOU HAPPINESS
                                                always! 



3 comments:

  1. Glitzy ----Interesting and cute-like all the details. Wish you would share the Cuttlebug and Spellbinders. Love the look of a big smile full of teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is so pretty. I'm always so afraid to mix patterns this gives me the push to try.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,
    You can mix patterns in carda much easier than in clothing! Just go for it and have fun.

    tbchat,
    I had to really look at what you meant about the smile, but I get it now! How fun. Completely serendipitious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...