Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gift Card Holders and a Tutorial

Last November when I was in a craft boutique the lady across from me was selling beautiful Premier Jewelry. She asked me to make her two styles of gift card holders--my choice of styles and colors.

I made three prototypes and these were the two styles that she chose.  


I used Charlene Driggs tutorial for the tri-fold style which can be found HERE.

Here's what it looks like inside as I forgot to take a picture of mine.
It was a very easy tutorial to follow.




For the purse style,
  1. Start with a piece 6" x 9". Score at 4-1/2".
  2. Now you need a circle for the cover'flap. I used the StampinUp Scalloped Circle Die Cut by Sixxix. You could trace a circle from a round bowl, use,the top note die, or even use a rectangular shape. 
  3. I folded the cirlce in half, placed it at the top of the paper, and that determined how much to cut in from each side so that the purse is narrower at the top. 

You can see how I did that in this next picture. 



4. Now I am ready to attach the cover to the purse but first I must make the strap. 
Using your Crop-o-dile or hole punch, punch a small hole about 1/2" in from each side of the flap.
Use a thin ribbon, about 10" long, and tie a knot at each end so it won't go through the hole. Attach the cover to the back of the purse with glue or double-sided tape. I prefer the latter. 
5. Use a magnetic snap or flat velco as a fastener.
6. Attach a 1-1/2' strip right along the fold on the inside for the insert of the gift card. (See first picture)

ONLY ADHERE AT THE BOTTOM AND THE SIDES SO THERE IS ROOM TO SLIP THE GIFT CARD DOWN INTO IT.  ADJUST WIDE OF THIS STRIP DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF THE GIFT CARD. 

Add sentiment or To/From if desired. 



If you are interested in Premier Jewelry, you cannot order it online. Kathy Hanchette
is a very enthusiastic representative and will be glad to assist you with your needs.


"Friends are the best accessories."





3 comments:

  1. I love these! I'll never give a gift card in a plain old envelope again! Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just adorable...i would like to remember it that might needed when use for Gift Card envelopes..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...