Thursday, March 10, 2011

Using Designer Paper

I love to use designer paper to make cards. Some of it is just too pretty to cover up with stamped images and layers of other paper. While I had the packet of Stampin' Up's Nouveau Chic still out on my desk, I noticed a lovely sheet of flowers. So without any real plan in mind, I started cutting to see what would develop. 










I used the second sheet of the same paper to cut out the inside part of the tulip and pop it up with dimensionals.  



The flowers were gone but I wanted to make one more card so I would have four for a gift set. Four just seems like the right number!  

The ruffled ribbon on three of the cards is a technique that I have enjoyed. It is easy and quick and a nice variation from flat ribbon, yet it still does not add a lot of bulk to the card for mailing.    




I used a clear box to package the cards and matching envies. A belly band and tag were added to 
finish it off.































  

1 comment:

  1. Wow Donna! These are just gorgeous! 8-) Thanks for your comment on my blog! Thanks for the support, us newbies have to stick together! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...