Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Spotlight's On.....

Teresa Kline

Teresa began scrapbooking in 2004 which opened up the world of papercrafting for her. She began making cards and started blogging in 2008. Her blog is entitled Enjoy the VA Sunshine and she also has an extensive gallery on Splitcoast Stampers that can be found HERE.

I have been a subscriber of Teresa's blog for quite some time now because her style of card-making has always appealed me. Here are 5 reasons why I like Teresa's blog:
  1. I like the photographs of her cards with the soft gray background. I think it compliments every card, no matter what style or color.
  2. I like the layout of her postings. They are clear and concise. She always lists the products she uses in making the card. Most of the time, she is using the card as an entry for multiple challenges, and she always lists what the challenges are. I am inspired that she can combine challenges to create such a beautiful card every time. You have to have the abilityy to pull it all together! 
  3. I feel she does an excellent job in interpreting the challenges, such as in this card--Hello Friend--where she took the card sketch and tweeked it slightly. I love what she did by changing the size of the card. The new proportions are very pleasing to my eye. 
  4. I am in love with many of the elements that I see running consistently through Teresa's cards, such as: baker's twine, stitching, PTI and MFT dies, buttons, the notebook paper look, soft bows made from crinkled ribbon, and flourish gemstones. She uses layers and Spellbinder die cuts but not excessively. And just when you think she may be going into a pastel color rut, she shakes things up with a lovely red, white, and black card as she did HERE.   
  5. Some other bonus features of Teresa's blog are links to tutorials--both her own and from other stampers--and the long list of challenges that are available throughout the stamping world for your enjoyment. I often am led to another great site by clicking on one of these tutorials that takes me to a different site that I might otherwise not have found. 
So if you take the time to visit Enjoy the VA Sunshine I hope that you will appreciate Teresa's talent as much as I do. Apparently a lot of other people do--she received 243 comments on this card! Can you imagine?

         

4 comments:

  1. oh my, thank you so much Donna, what an honor and I am so humble by all of the sweet things you have listed. i am so thrilled that I have inspired you and it is my hope to continue to inspire you and others. Thank you so much, have a fabby day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you....Teresa is on of my good friends and it is such a joy to share ideas with her and be inspired by her cards....she was a great one to highlight...hoot hoot for Ms. va.sunshine!!

    www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...Teresa is one of the ultra talented papercrafters and I'm blessed to have her for a friend as well! We have shared lots of laughs through stamp club and through day trips and even overnight trips...usually always related to increasing our stamping toys! :-) Her style is consistently on a WOW level and she is most deserving of this time in the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...