Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Spotlight's On.....

Sherrie Siemens

Sherrie started blogging at Card Creme in May 2007. She loves latte and says that she cannot create without one at her side. The inspiration for her blog name came from the "caramel colored heavenly goodness at the top of an expresso shot."

Sherrie also has a card gallery on Splitcoast Stampers which can be found here.

Here are 5 reasons why Card Creme has inspired me:   
  1. Sherrie has a wide range of tutorials listed along the right sidebar. The picture tutorials are easy to follow and the instructions are clear. The video tutorials are an added bonus and very clear also. 
  2. She is a master of the Copic marker techniques. I would definitely come to this site for guidance on skin coloring, shading and blending, and other specific techniques. She knows her stuff!
  3. I particularly enjoy her posts on mass production as seen here. This is a useful category and one I would like to add to my blog in the future. 
  4. I also find her cards with sewing on them to be very interesting. She has done a tutorial on this technique which can be found here. Sewing is an excellent way to add detail to a card.  
  5. Sherrie mixes things up by throwing in a different kind of project every now and then. She displayed her creativity by using die-namic dies to make this cute stuffed owl.
You can be sure that if I lived near Sherrie, I would take advantage of her classes. She is one talented lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...