Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Scalloped Top Purse and Card Set

It's such a good feeling to complete an unfinished project! I can't tell you how long this one has been lurking around my craft room, but I don't think I had to highlight my hair quite as heavily when I started it! The purse is a Cricut project, and although I don't have one, my good friend cut out the pieces for me.

The purse measures approximately 4-1/2" x 6" and four cards with envelopes fits in it nicely. I used a magnetic snap by Basic Grey to hold the top closed rather than velcro. I purchased them online at eclectic Paperie. They can be found on this page. (small magnetic snaps) 

Although the designer paper by StampinUp is not a current one, it has always been one of my favoirtes. I believe it is called Ginger Blossom. The stamp set is retired from StampinUp also but the name escapes me right now! It is the four Chinese characters for Love, Tranquility, Wisdom, and Harmony. I embossed them in gold.

A scalloped top purse tutorial and video can be found here. 


And for those of you who do own a Cricut, there are plenty of sites that offer free SVG  files. 
Here's one that has a tennis racket and ball this week that I would have a darling card to show you how to create if anyone wants to make me one or two!  If you go to the right sidebar under category you can find more files that she has created for your use. Have fun!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...