Saturday, March 26, 2011

SATurday Show And Tell

Cutting Myself Some Slack
Life has been especially crazy the last two weeks and I have not blogged as consistently as I would have liked to. I don't know if you have noticed, but I have even missed some of the "regular" features that I thought I would never miss!  I am having to learn that "things" gets in the way and life will go on whether I blog or not. If I am going to make this a long-term commitment, which I intend to do, I need to ease up, go with the flow, and not panic if I miss blogging a few days in a row. I hope you will stick by me.   

Appreciation
I am very appreciative of all  of your comments and interest in my projects. One of the most rewarding aspects of crafting is the positive feedback from those you share it with. As a new blogger, it is encouraging to know that there is someone out there reading and enjoying what I am creating. I did not realize just how difficult it was going to be to acquire followers! If I ever reach 100,  I am going to offer some really good blog candy, but I will probably be so excited if I get 50, I will have to celebrate then!   

Tutorials
I have had some inquiries about the technique I used to ruffle the ribbon on
 these cards. So I will be doing a tutorial on that.
I have also been asked to explain paper piecing, so I will be putting together a tutorial on that technique as well.  Look for those soon!

Tempe Art Fair
This week-end is the big art fair in Tempe, AZ. The weather is absolutely perfect. It began yesterday and runs through Sunday. There are 400 artists from all over the world displaying their handmade crafts on the streets of downtown Tempe, the home of Arizona State University. I am helping out my nephew who makes awesome clocks out of recycled hard drives. It is fascinating just to watch the faces of people as they come up to the booth, process what it is all about, smile, and make comments. This is especially true of the people who are really into computers, recognize all the components, appreciate what Ben is doing with otherwise wasted parts, or have just found the perfect gift for a hard-to-buy for son, brother, or geek in their life! 




These pictures do not do his clocks justice but I wanted you to see them. The booth was north facing so the light was not good for picture-taking. Sales were great yesterday and should be even better today and tomorrow. The clocks range from $35-$45. Great price!

Well, I'm off to the fair. Have a great day!

Oh and by the way, here's the latest book that just arrived  yesterday from Amazon.com. Super quick! The new one was the same price as the used one! We're reading this next month for book club so I'd better get busy--409 pages by April 12th. I'll let you know how it goes! Hmm.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...