Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happiness is a Hot Bath!

I don't know about you, but I'd be very sad to give up my bathtub! Showers are just not the same as soaking in the tub. It's just such a wonderful source of relaxation--for me anyway.

Today I have all sorts of bath-related goodies to share with you. I sure did have problems getting a good picture of my card this morning. I had to take three series of photos before I got one I was satisfied with. Cards really do look differently when you see them in a photo.

This is a set by My Favorite Things called Time for the Bubbly.
I paper pieced the bathtub, rug, and wine bottle.




This is a bath set that I put together for a gift.  I purchased the silver tray at the Dollar Store in the section by the gift bags, but sometimes they are in the wedding or houseware aisle. You have to look around. I wrapped it all up with cello wrap also from the Dollar Store and added a big bow. The stamp is by Hampton Arts.


Interested in making Homemade Bubble Bath?
Here is an easy recipe plus vintage labels for your bottle.

How about Homemade Bath Salts and a pretty jar?
Here is the place you can go to follow step-by-step instructions
 from beginning to end.

                  What great gifts for Mother's Day, birthdays, or any reason at all!

5 comments:

  1. Love all of these - but really like that card. Such wonderful colors.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bath salt gift. Novice question: what do you mean by paper pieced? How do you do this?

    What method did you use to get the coloring ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments. I assume the coloring you are asking about is on her legs. I scribbled some ink from a flesh-colored marker on a plastic lid, then used an aqua brush to apply it. If you don't know what that is, let me know and I can show you a picture of one. As for paper piecing, I will put together a tutorial on that technique. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna!
    Love this project! I wouldn't give up my bath tub either! 8-) Love the colors you chose for your card and great paper piecing too! Hope you have been doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paper pieced bath tub; maybe I should paint the outside of my bath tub!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...