Sunday, February 13, 2011

THE SPOTLIGHT’S ON ……


My Sunday feature will be to spotlight a blog that in my opinion is outstanding and one from which I have drawn much inspiration. 
                 
 Charlene Driggs is the creator of Paper and Ink Playground and these are
FIVE REASONS why I am so impressed with her blog: 
  1. First and foremost, I like her style of cardmaking. Many of her cards are clean and simple, but she also layers and does some coloring. Although I don’t use copics as she does, I can appreciate her talent, and because she also uses markers, I am not completely intimidated by her coloring techniques.
  2. She mixes things up, varying her projects. Some stampers are just talented colorers (for lack of a better word.) Besides cards, Charlene also does neat 3-D projects, and often features an ensemble of coordinating pieces in one post. One example of that can be found here. Now that takes time and a lot of effort! I’m beginning to realize that as a new blogger.
  3. She has some great tutorials on her blog..They include good pictures and the instructions are easy to follow.
  4. On the right sidebar of her blog, she lists all the challenges offered during the week by different bloggers. This is helpful if you are wanting to participate and need to know where to look for them.
  5. She has some good recipes on her blog from time to time. This is a nice break from stamping once in a while and one I plan to incorporate on my blog.
Perhaps you have not found Paper and Ink Playground yet and would want to check it out to see if you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...