Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just Poppin’ Up To Say Hi

It’s not too early to start thinking about the November craft fair sponsored by our church. The applications are already on their website. Last year was the first craft fair that I had ever participated in. It was definitely a learning experience. I did not make very many of any one item because I did not know what was going to sell. Therefore, I had quite a variety of things in my booth. Call it sensory overload—it was just too many different items! Some people took the time to look wade through it, but for many, it was just too much stuff that needed to be picked up, touched, looked at, and turned over.  

This year I have to zero in on fewer items. The problem is deciding what to make and hope I don’t get too bored making a whole lot of one thing. This is supposed to be fun!

This popcorn box was one of the items that I made last year. I made eight of them and five sold, so I don’t think that was too bad. They were filled with a bag of microwave popcorn and movie candy. Those are two popcorn-themed napkins in the back that I found at Michael's in the dollar section. I suggested that a pair of movie tickets would make a good accompanying gift.

IMG_1739

I bought the white boxes at Walmart in the party section and I think the package of eight was under $1.50. I covered the middle part with striped paper which was a little labor intensive since the boxes were narrower at the bottom. I have since seen cute striped boxes at Hobby Lobby that would work well and you wouldn’t have to do anything to them.

Stamp: Stamp Oasis
Spellbinders: Blossom
Accessories: Ribbon, rhinestone

Speaking of popcorn, I found another giveaway for you to enter this week. Head on over HERE  and read the details about winning a whole lot of Kettle Corn. Do it now because you only have until next Monday!  Good luck! Let me know if you win.

3 comments:

  1. I received a similar gift with movie tickets as a Christmas gift from a friend in Las Vegas and loved it! Because I don't do stamping (yet), I replicated the gift by picking up some empty boxes at the movie theater and filling them with tickets and microwave popcorn. The recipients LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea - and so cute. Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny,
    What a great idea for a non-stamper, and a lot less work! Good creativity on your part!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...