Friday, February 18, 2011

Freebie Friday and a Challenge

First let me tell you about the challenge over at The Cuttlebug Spot this week. The task was to make a Gate Fold card, and since I hadn’t tried one in quite a while, I thought I’d see what I could do. When I bought this paper at the scrapbook store, it reminded me of chicken wire, so it seemed only right to pair it with Stampin’ Up’s Best of Cluck.



My paper was 5-1/2 x 8-1/2. On the 8-1/2 side, I scored at 2-1/8 from each side so it met in the middle, making the finished card size 5-1/2 x 4-1/4. The layered piece is attached only to the left side so that the card swings open..


Stamps: SU--Best of Cluck (retired 2007)
Spellbinders:  Curvy rectangles, classic ovals
Accessories:  Martha Stewart lattice border punch, ribbon, dotted swiss embossing folder

Here is an example of Martha Stewart's Cookie and Treat Clip Art that I mentioned yesterday:



You guessed it. This is a CD envelope used to package a large cookie. Martha has provided several wonderful printable labels for various occasions to finish it off.  You can find this unique idea and six others
HERE 


Need a really special dessert party favor? Martha Stewart has also made THIS TEMPLATE:




I can't resist leaving you with these feathered friends of a different sort than the one I began this post with. I have always been partial to owls since they were the symbol of my sorority, Chi Omega. I just think these guys from DIY DISH has so much personality that I wish one of YOU would make one of them, because I probably won't ever get around to it!


There is a video showing you just how to put these cute pin cushions together.
 I think this would be a great craft fair item.















1 comment:

  1. Adorable paper and perfect with at imaage. Love the sentiment and the little fence along the bottom. thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...