Monday, January 17, 2011

So Many Challenges--So Little Time

My head is spinning with all the interesting card challenges each week. Making a card for a challenge is good in that it gives me both direction and inspiration and encourages me to think "outside the box." However, I have decided that I am not going to enter a challenge unless 1) I am truly inspired and 2) I have an appropriate stamp that fills the bill. For example, I have many old stamps that I still like and don't buy tons of new stamps from all the new companies. So  I probably won't be entering many of the challenges offered by the stamp companies. I know they say you don't have to use their stamps, but I would feel badly if I didn't. 

I doubt if I can keep up with Double Blog Hops and I'm not sure I comprehend Moxie Fab--I don't know how you women with young families find the time to do all this? Do you ever sleep? I know many of you work outside the home and/or are stamping demonstrators, plus have children to run around and a husband who would like a hot meal and clean underwear once in a while. When I was in that category we didn't have internet or email to take up those precious hours! Yes, I am a baby boomer, so now you know.  

                    So here's a challenge that did inspire me--I thought of this stamp right away.
      
                                   Jennifer's Blog One Layer Wednesday 36: Barely There
                                       Use a naked tree image on a card with only one layer.  


The background looks kind of grainy, but that's the way the reverse stamp is made.
 Maybe it's snowing.

Stamp: Rubber Tree Stamps
Ink: Versamark black

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you were inspired by the One Layer challenge!

    That's a great stamp and a lovely card!

    Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW36!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card. I think the tree image is gorgeous, and the sentiment is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant. I really like that stamp. I know what you mean about older stamps. They still work,so you why get more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I just added your blog to my google reader. So glad you took the plunge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...