Saturday, January 15, 2011

SATurday Show And Tell

Remember how fun show and tell used to be in school? Well, this is going to be my day of Show and Tell, and it will be hard telling what it may be. I might have a product that I think is really great and you might like to know about. It may be a gift that someone has given me that I want to share with you. You'll just have to wait and see from week to week.

Today's Show and Tell is something that I bought on a consignment shopping trip that I took on Thursday with 3 girlfriends. If you haven't ever been to the consignment stores, don't think that it is just junk. People just get tired of their things and decide to get rid of them, and it just may be something that you love. I had decided beforehand that anything I bought had to pass 3 tests: 1) If it had to set out there was a place for it and I wouldn't mind dusting it or keeping it clean, 2) If it had to be stored there was room for it comfortably in a closet or cabinet, and 3) I really thought it was a bargain. You see, I am at a point in my life where I am trying to simply and pare down, not add to the amount of "stuff" around here!

One store in particular struck a cord with all of us and we all walked out with a smile on our face. This jar was sitting on a back shelf amongst other assorted vases and dishes and it just caught my eye. I gingerly picked it up, turning it all around, admiring all the pretty colors, flowers, and fruit. Did I dare turn it over to see the price? Was I seeing right without my glasses? $8.00? Hand-painted no less! It was mine!


I love it! Now I just have to find a place to put it.
(I never was very good at following all the rules.)
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...