Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Finally Learned.....!

 I got my ears pierced later in life than most of you--I won't say how old. I know only about 3 women my age who do not have pierced ears. One of them told me the reason was because she has enough sagging parts. Good point. I gave away all my heavy earrings. The reason I succumbed was because I was tired of having to search  for clip earrings that didn't look like I had inherited them from my grandmother. I had had foot surgery and could now wear sandals. I was trying to modernize my wardrobe, and this was the final touch. After my ears were pierced,  I vowed to myself that I would never leave the house without earrings. Although the holes are tiny, I do not find unadorned pierced ears very attractive--and, I feel almost naked! 

Yesterday I dressed carefully to spend the afternoon with friends-- even a spritz or two of perfume, which is rare. You guessed it--I realized in the car that I had no earrings and it would have been too late to go back home. Because this has happened before--I now keep a pair of "generic" two-toned earrings, ones that will go with any outfit, in my purse. If you don't carry a purse or change it often, keep them in your glove compartment. And if you are often in your husband's car, say going out at night, keep a pair in his glove compartment as well. When you take them off, put them right back where you got them, because it WILL happen again.

I did not know how soon it would happen again. Can you believe it? We went to see Michael Flattley's Lord of the Dance last night (my husband's Christmas present to me) and yes, I had to use them again! BTW, I highly recommend the performance if you have the opportunity to it.

Yesterday was one of those days..... If this post has helped one person, it was worth the time it took to write it. Have a great day, my friends.         

6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! I discovered you over at Splitcoast Stampers message board. I love your tip! I do keep a pair of hoops in my purse:I hate naked ears too and am an earring addict! Your projects are all so pretty:I am your new follower now. Please pop by for a visit at my blog! I love visitors.

    [[hugs]]
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a good tip........I wonder if it would work for hearing ais! lol.....kinda expensive to have 2 pairs though. hmmm
    you are the best!
    Oh I received the email notice somet time today, Friday, after noon.
    hugs
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks so much for leaving that sweet comment on my "butterfly" card over at SCS. Just had to check out your blog - and love it! Wonderful creations.....and I do love this tip about the earrings! I also always keep a spare set in my purse and can't even tell you how many times I've had to drag them out! Will check back again soon.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh reading this. I've given up on earrings because my lobes have started reacting badly to any metal in them...even the really good stuff. So my holes are growing over. It feels strange, but I figure if my body's telling me something, I should listen. I've been wondering if I could find comfortable, pretty clip-ons...guess not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna I laughed when I read this. Yes this has happened to me numerous times, usually going to work. I now keep several pair of earrings in my desk for this purpose, and the reason I keep several pair at work is because I sometimes forget to take them out before leaving work and a day or two later forget to wear earrings back to work it was like a cycle. It's so nice to know I'm not the only one to have a senior moment...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, thanks for visiting my site. Irene has passed we're thankful it's over. http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...